About me....

Welcome to my Blog, my name is Miss Dunlop. I am a teacher at Hamilton Grammar School in South Lanarkshire. I am qualified to teach Accounting & Finance, Administration, Business Management and S1 - S2 ICT.

If you would like to get in touch, leave me a comment or get in touch via e-mail:

sdunlop@hamilton.s-lanark.sch.uk



Saturday 3 October 2009

Rio to host the 2016 Olympics

Brazil will become the first South American country to host the Olympics, after the city of Rio de Janeiro was chosen to stage the 2016 Games. Despite an appeal from President, Obama for the bid, Chicago was knocked out in the first round, followed by Tokyo. In the final round of votes Rio secured a majority of 66 votes to Madrid’s 32.

Vote breakdown

First round - Madrid 28, Rio 26, Tokyo 22, Chicago 18

Second round - Rio 46, Madrid 29, Tokyo 20

Third round - Rio 66, Madrid 32

What's you opinion on the decision? Leave your comments.......



No comments:

Who will win the Olympic 2016 bid to host the Olympics??