About me....

Welcome to my Blog, my name is Miss Dunlop. I am a teacher at Hamilton Grammar School in South Lanarkshire. I am qualified to teach Accounting & Finance, Administration, Business Management and S1 - S2 ICT.

If you would like to get in touch, leave me a comment or get in touch via e-mail:

sdunlop@hamilton.s-lanark.sch.uk



Sunday 28 March 2010

Times and Sunday Times websites to charge from June

Is this the way forward for all newspapers?

The Times and Sunday Times newspapers will start charging to access their websites in June, owner News International (NI) has announced.

Users will pay £1 for a day's access and £2 for a week's subscription.

The move opens a new front in the battle for readership and will be watched closely by the industry.

NI chief executive Rebekah Brooks said it was "a crucial step towards making the business of news an economically exciting proposition".

Risk

But with so much news content available for free on the internet, NI's decision to charge is seen by many people as a high risk strategy.

How much would you pay to read your favorite newspaper online?

No comments:

Who will win the Olympic 2016 bid to host the Olympics??