About me....

Welcome to my Blog, my name is Miss Dunlop. I am a teacher at Hamilton Grammar School in South Lanarkshire. I am qualified to teach Accounting & Finance, Administration, Business Management and S1 - S2 ICT.

If you would like to get in touch, leave me a comment or get in touch via e-mail:

sdunlop@hamilton.s-lanark.sch.uk



Sunday 28 March 2010

Sensors turn skin into gadget control pad

Tapping your forearm or hand with a finger could soon be the way you interact with gadgets.

US researchers have found a way to work out where the tap touches and use that to control phones and music players.

Coupled with a tiny projector the system can use the skin as a surface on which to display menu choices, a number pad or a screen.

Early trials show that after a short amount of training the sensor/software system can pick up a five-location system with accuracy in excess of 95%.

For more information and to view the video click, click on the link

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8587486.stm

No comments:

Who will win the Olympic 2016 bid to host the Olympics??